Students sit Polish GCSE Exams (General Certificate of Secondary Education) in summer series each year. The venue for examinations is the Polish Social and Cultural Center (POSK) located in London’s Borough of Hammersmith. Applications should be made on attached forms that can be downloaded from this Page. We provide our services in accordance with the AQA (awarding body) and the JCQ regulations.
To apply, please send a completed application form together with the fee. You can make a bank transfer, pay by cheque or in person in our office. The form can be downloaded via the link below and contains all relevant details. Yo can send the application form by post or bring it to our office in person. More details can be found in the application form.
Please make sure you choose a relevant Application Form to your tier (FOUNDATION or HIGHER).
Application forms for candidates:
Important Information for Candidates – documents in accordance with the JCQ regulations.
Please, familiarize yourself with these documents !
- Information for candidates – coursework 2018/2019
- Information for candidates – non-examination assessments 2018/2019
- Information for candidates – on-screen test 2018/2019
- Information for candidates – Privacy Notice 2017/2018
- Information for candidates – social media 2017/2018
- Information for candidates – written exams 2018/2019
Information for candidates (Exam Centre no 10157):
- 2019 Application Rules
- Data Protection Policy The Polish Educational Society
- Examination appeals policy and procedure
Current specification for GCSE:
Examination Series 2019 – essential information before applying.
Before staring application please read carefully the Regulations for Submitting Application Form for Polish Exams as it is an integral part of the application form. Please, familiarize yourself with Information for Candidates published by JCQ and Data Protection Policy For The Polish Educational Society.
The GCSE examination in Polish takes place only once a year. The exact dates are set up by AQA and cannot be modified.
Examinations are scheduled for the following days:
- 27th April 2019 9.00 am – 5.00 pm Oral examination (estimated: 15 minutes). The exact time of the test will be provided to the candidates individually.
- 12th June 2019 at 13:00 pm Listening (Foundation Tier: 35 min, Higher Tier 45 min) + Reading (Foundation Tier 45 min, Higher Tier 1 h)
- 19th June 2019 at 9:00 am Writing (Foundation Tier: 1 h, Higher Tier: 1 h 15 min)
The oral exam is being conducted till the 20th of May 2019; the exact date for the test is arranged by examination centres.
Please make sure you can sit the exam on the day and at the time indicated above. Please make sure that you do not have any clashes with other exams on the same day. If you do or if you are not sure whether you do, we encourage you strongly to ask your school / home institution to enter you for the Polish exam(s). Our center does not offer transfers.
Due to limited supervision and examination rooms capacities our center is not able to offer any special access arrangements. If you require any special access arrangements, we strongly recommend enter for the exam with your school / home institution.
Please make sure you put all your personal details correctly and complete the application form neatly. Please make sure you supply your Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) number. All changes to your personal details due to your mistake or unclear writing may incur a fee. The application fee is not refundable.
Deadline for submitting the application: 15th February 2019.
After this date you can still submit your application however a higher examination fee applies.
We wish you good luck on your exam!