Polish Educational Society offers a wide range of support to all involved in the establishing and running of Polish supplementary schools in the UK. The offer includes:
- An information and advice service for those involved in the running of Polish Saturday Schools, as well as those seeking to open new schools
- The organisation of:
- Training sessions and events for schools’ managing staff and those planning to open a new school
- regular conferences and training sessions for teachers
- workshops for A-Level Polish candidates in co-operation with SSEES UCL
- nationwide student competitions and festivals
- Supporting the organisation of the Laxton Hall Fun Day – biggest Polish outdoor event in the UK, hosting thousands of Polish children from the whole of Great Britain together with their teachers and parents – with lots of competitions, games and play
- Running an Exam Centre for GCSE and A-Level exams in Polish
- Running of a Bookshop offering Polish literature, textbooks and teaching aids
- Patronage of school events
- Recognising the achievements of outstanding teachers and other volunteers through awards
- Material support for schools
- Compile and archive information about Polish education in Great Britain
- Promote Polish education and culture internationally by co-operating with organisations in Great Britain, Europe and the United States
- Represent the interests of Polish education abroad in Poland through co-operation with the Polish Ministry of Education, the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Council of Polish Supplementary Education, ORPEG (Centre for Development of Polish Education Abroad), the National Remembrance Institute, Polish universities and other organisations
Most of our services are available to our members free of charge or only a small reservation fee applies. Some of our services are available exclusively to our members.
For the above reasons we encourage all the Polish supplementary schools operating in the UK as well as individuals and organisations who share our objectives to register with us. We are also committed to building a strong network of Polish educational organisations offering each other mutual support as we believe that working together, we can achieve much more.
Membership at the Polish Educational Society is open to Polish supplementary schools, individuals and other organisations.
Here you can find out more about the Admission procedures for prospective members and membership rules at the PES CIO.
Documents to download:
- Membership Application Form for Polish Supplementary Schools (in Polish)
- Membership Application Form for Individuals or Other Organisations (in Polish)
If you have any questions regarding our application procedures, we invite you to contact our office. We will be happy to provide additional information and to assist you with any queries you might have.
The annual membership fee for the schools year 2016/2017 is:
- £1 per pupil for Polish supplementary schools
- £10 per person for individual members
- £50 for organisations other than Polish supplementary schools